WIM

WIM

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Staying focused!


2/18/15

Wow! Casey is having a girl! .. or i should say Joy is having a Girl! ... I bet you are all already going nuts about names! That is super cool you got to sit next to Russel M Nelson! I bet that was fun .. and you served him! haha... This week was actually really good! We had several commitments for baptism with some people that we are teaching. 

Carnival was pretty fun actually .. Monday we had a sports activity with the ward (president gave us permission) and we played cricket and football (soccer) and got absolutely fried by the sun! I have got blisters on my bottom lip ... it is soo bad.... but it will heal soon enough. On Tuesday, we had to stay in and just played a bunch of card games and stuff, it was very relaxing. 

One sweet family we have got right now is the "J" Family .. I think I wrote about them last week. We just taught them the Plan of Salvation and they understood most of it. We will probably try and watch some videos with them next to keep the whole family a little more involved. Another couple who is soon to be married went to the beach for the weekend so hopefully they were able to avoaid some of the wickedness out there... It seems that what most trinis do to avoid the whole carnival thing.. either that or they just stay inside. 
Something  a little different this week .. Elder Brown (my past companion and now zone leader) was Emergency transferred on Sunday so now we are in a Tri-panionship for the meanwhile...that means I am now in a car! yay! Back to a car! Our ward mission leader has been doing a good job of arranging splits for this week so that we each can work in our area so it shouldn't effect us too much this week. Things will be back to normal soon anyway, cause transfers are just around the corner.
I think that is it form me...
 Love, Elder Schroeder

2/23/2015

wow .. I got my travel plans .... super trunky..... But staying focused:) 

This week was great! 
It was a little slow kick starting our area after not being in it for two days but we have now got it back up and running. This Sunday was great! We have 3 investigators at church and we made leaps and bounds with them. The two I am most excited areca couple that are planning on getting married probably in about two weeks! Then they can get baptized! yes! 

We are going to begin teaching our landlady again this week. She had family in town and could not meet with us cause they had tons going but now they are gone and she has got plenty of time. So let see if we can baptize our landlady before I go home.. she might take a little more time though but we will see. We will be teaching her about baptism this next time. She is pretty curious about it cause she really doesn't know anything about it. Once she learns about it she hopefully will be gung ho! 

One thing I think I forgot to mention is that we have a new key indicator .. we no longer report our number of contacts or member referrals but we now report less actives reactivated. That is quite the change right at the end of my mission. A less active reactivated is defined by a less active having at least attended twice for the month and is in communication with the Bishop ie. interview, visit, etc. The goal is for the missionaries to shift their focus a bit towards retaining recent converts and reactivating less actives. The numbers will be small but it should help us turn our attention towards that a bit more. 

Elder Haderlie and I are having a blast down here, getting along great and having some good fun! It should be a fun last transfer with him! 

By the way, I love that name for the baby!  I couldn't imagine any other name! 

We did have a baptism .. the zone leaders baptized two. One younger child in a part member family and a sweet 26 year old named "P" he has got to be the most prepared baptisee I have ever met! We took him out teaching yesterday and he was already teaching and testifying to everyone he met! He is great! and he know the strangest stories from the bible! 

Wow Hunter has already got a kid .. that is weird.... 

i think thats it from me!

Love, 
Elder Schroeder

3/2/2015

Thank you for all the birthday messages and things! 

I don't think I have too much to say this week and the space bar on this computer is driving me nuts so it might be a little short today. 

business-
Good news about registering for classes! the registration for classes opens march 16th at 6:00 am that happens to be on a Monday! and since there is a time difference I don't even have to wake up early. So I will be able to register for classes right on time! 

Wevdid meet this awesome guy this week named K" he is a cricketer from Barbados! He is down in Trinidad for cricket and he is awesome! We shared the restoration with him and you should have seen his face. He was awestruck and he is excited to find out it is true. We will be teaching him for the second time tonight and he has invited a friend to join us that he thinks will be interested! That's what I'm talking about! 

Sadly, this week many of our baptismal dates have dropped off. We have tons of great people to teach, it has just been proving very hard to meet with them this week. Hopefully, things change this next week and we will be able to meet with them. 

The next baptism I think we will be having is "J" he is 14 and is very excited about the gospel. It seems he has got great support around him. He is excited! 

Just working hard finding and teaching!! 

I think that is it from me.

Love, 
Elder Schroeder






No comments:

Post a Comment