WIM

WIM

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

California is just down the road...

Couva is great! It's actually a ward, and from the mouth of our mission president, we have to best bishop in the whole mission and I confirm that statement! I have already met with Bishop "R" twice and he is incredible! He does so much and he is super smart! I am excited to serve with him we are going to get great things done! 

Elder Haderlie my companion is actually from Vista! We use to see each other at regional dances on occasion! He is in the Vista 10th ward back home. It is ironic that we are both from California and in our area is a place called California. So I have to make sure when I tell people where I am from I say "California in the states, not down the road" 

Elder Haderlie and I get along great! We have many of the same interests and work hard. He sure is a hard worker and we will have a great time here! Oh on another note abuot Elder Haderlie he went to seminary with Olivia .. it's a small world! 

My new apartment is great .. not quite like my last apartment but it is definitely one of the better ones in the mission! And I still have the weights from my last apartment... I will have to take plenty pictures this week so you can see where I am living and what I am doing. 

I do have a good story other than the usual .. So we were contacting in a relatively new area and we meet this very nice man. We are pretty sure he is Hindu because he has Hindu flags outside his house (i will also have to send pictures of that) Anyway he invites us into his gallery and gives us some juice (bajan cherry) One of the first things he says is "don't talk to me about God" .....Okay......... what do you expect me to talk about......... eventually We get him to talk  about God! haha but anyway just a couple minutes pass and he offers us some food. Of course I can't pass up the food so I say " yeah sure! that would be great" and he invites us in his house. As he is preparing food, we sit on the couch and talk more about his beliefs - Eventually,  the food is done and we sit down to eat. I will tell you that food was spicy! and on top of that every time you emptied your glass of juice, he would come back and fill it to the brim. So I had a full plate of food and about 3-4 glasses of juice. We finish the meal and now are going on our way so I get my shoes to put them on. As I am tying my shoes in the gallery, I suddenly stood up, (and quickly I might add) leaned over the rail to my left and proceeded to exhume the contents of my stomach, upper intestines, lower intestines, colon, I am pretty sure all the way down to my toes..... The strange thing is it didn't even hurt! It felt good... I am pretty sure I lost about 30 pounds in about 5 seconds..... just an exaggeration. I guess the food did not quite agree with me or something which is weird because I have eaten that hundred of times! Funny thing is, that the guy didn't even mind! He went off on some lecture about how it's good for you to do that on occasion.... haha! 

The rest of the week was just normal... just learning the area and stuff... I already know about half of the ward, so I did good in that regard! About 70 people attended church yesterday. 
Should get my travel itinerary this transfer. I will forward it to you when i get it..

Love,
Elder Schroeder 

pictures next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment