WIM

WIM

Monday, January 5, 2015

Still have lots of work to do...

Hard to believe he will be home in 3 months 4 days... But whose counting? 
Mom is:) 


12/25/14
We love our Chrisrmas Skype call with Elder Schroeder!! He was thrilled to see the big brother shirt his nephew was wearing to announce another neice or nephew coming in July. He has not been feeling well all week:( Chickengunya was the culprit. Despite that, as you can see by the picture he looked good and was in good spirits. Love my son!
Robin

12/29/14
Wow! I didn't know everyone was going up to Idaho!!! That is super fun! They have already got a million feet of snow!!!!! Jealous....... Kelly Canyon should be fun! I have never been there. That seems like one of the greatest family parties on the face of the earth! 
 
Well, honestly I don't have much to say this week. Christmas was awesome! Although I wasn't feeling so well.... In fact the next two days after we didn't even go out. Well, we went out at night on Saturday. We couldn't handle being couped up for so long! I feel loads better now though I think I may be able to work out tomorrow for the first time after this Gunya thing. 
 
We did have one investigator at church but she won't be baptised for awhile though. The parents think she isn't ready so we are just waiting on the parents approval... 
 
I will probably be leaving Diego this next transfer.. I am excited to see where my last area will be! 
 
I will be doing some souvenir shopping today. You guys will like the things I am going to get but do you guys have any suggestions for things you want from Trinidad?

Love,
Elder Schroeder
 
1 and 2 - a member bought us all new ties in our favortie colors! Super nice! 
3- picture of me opening my gift from you guys! Love you!!! 



1/5/15
Wow! He really did a good job .. I bet that was fun! I'm sure it put a little damper on the night but I am glad everyone is okay!  
 
It seems you all had quite the adventure on the mountain! haha! Hearing all your stories is hilarious! I can only imagine!!!! Those stories will forever be engraven in my mind! haha!  I just wonder how everyone reacted when you went off the road. I bet Connor said something like, "well that sucks" I know that what I would have said anyway. 
 
This week was a good one! You can ask Diane how my new years was! I wrote her about it. We had 14 new investigators this week and we weren't even really tring for that. We were actually trying to not get so many new ones this week cause we already had so many to work with. But I guess the Lord had plans for us! 
 
We taught last night and it was pretty interesting. He is a great guy and wants to turn his life around, he has been involved in quite a lot. His sins are definietely begingning to be purged from him! 
 
I don't remember if I told you about this other investigator, he is a super humble guy who is very wealthy. On Saturday we had a lesson with him, he took us in his jeep up a mountain and we had a lesson up there. He said if he found out the Book of Mormon was true he would be baptised, and we didn't even ask him to be baptized yet! So that is cool! He would be a great strength to the church in Trinidad! I hope he has faith and finds out this is true! That would definietely be one of the wildest stories of my mission. Baptising a millionaire...... 
 
Well, I don't think I have much else to say .. transfer calls are on Saturday so you will hear where I will finish my mission next week! ..crazy that it is all coming to a close... interesting fact- I have baptised 20+ people on my mission .. I still have three months left, lots of work to do and tons of people to baptize! 
 
Love,
Elder Schroeder
 
ps.thanks for the pictures keep em' coming! I will try and have some next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment