WIM

WIM

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Healthy and Happy!!

July 21, 2014
Wow! That flood was crazy... actually "Sister C" (she is a member down here) has a son up there at school right now so she showed me videos when we were at church! That is insane! I am glad I am not up there right now...

The baptisms went smoothly and they were both confirmed on Sunday, "J" the 17 year old was even interviewed and ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood on Sunday!! That is a rare occurrence down here, we have got to thank Bishop for that! He is good! We also took him out teaching with us on Sunday. Another young man! We just have to get him on a mission now! I think he will go.



That is scary to think I am the next missionary in the ward to get home... ughh!

This week has been kind of slow ... we did teach many lessons this week but we don't have too many new investigators... We have been relying heavily on the members but it has just not been working the way we would like, we still have plenty to do and it will get better.

The ward has had some great activities recently... we had a movie night on Saturday and watched "The Testaments" it was pretty good and then we played some games after. It was fun and there was some good friend making going on, or as we say down here fellow-shipping.

I still can't drive yet, my permit has not quite come through yet, it will soon!

Love,
Elder Schroeder


July 28,2014
Lots of stuff for the week! Sounds like a great week, thank you so much for letting me know what's going on. It is fun to hear whats happening in your lives.
Some business first... my running shoes are worn through... my left one has got a hole in the bottom. I have been using them a lot so I need some new ones. A good pair down here runs at about $120-140 USD probably more around the 140 dollar range.  I don't know if you want to buy some at home or online and have them sent to me. Or you could just put the money on my card and I could buy them here. I am the same size as Connor so he can be the test dummy. I need those pretty soon. On another note my Dansko shoes are running pretty low... I may need some new shoes pretty soon. What I probably could do is buy a cheap pair here for about 40 US and use those for just a couple months and that would extend the life of the shoes I now have. I think that would get me through my mission. - I will leave this all up to you. P.S. Nike is the best.. Connor would pick good ones :)

Now onto the regular stuff.
I have been doing great, feeling real healthy! No pudge yet, so that's good. I will be staying with Elder Babb for another transfer! Woot Woot. This now means that I have served in the Port of Spain ward for 6 months now! Maybe I can be here for 6 more haha...Whatever the Lord wants for me. I love this area! We have tons of members and they all love the missionaries, they feed us, they go teaching with us! It is the best!

So Elder Babb and I are staying together but the Zone is changing up quite a bit. We had sister missionaries in Port of Spain but they are no more. They have closed that area, we also are getting two new Elders. One is a temp actually from the last ward I was in, from San Grande. Elder Sookoo and the other is an Elder Hopkins. I hear he is post military so he should be good!

As far as the work down here, it is going great! We have so many members in our area we can't even take all of them out. They all want to come out with us! Well I shouldn't say all but most of them do!

"J" is one of the ones that wants to come out with us. In fact, so much so that he has come out with us every day this week! He is learning so fast. He taught the first vision to a couple of our investigators booyah!

One great lesson we had this week was a member referral, you should have seen the way her eyes were glued to me as I shared the restoration with her. I just hope that she acts on what she has learned now... we are seeing a slow increase in member referrals here and it is great!.. It was hard for a while but it is picking up now! Good stuff!

One pretty funny thing that occurs down here revolves around an Elder Evans, he has been out for about a year and he uses all manners of contrivance to get us to go to Dairy Queen! You should see the things he does!

I am pretty sure mostly every sentence ends in an exclamation point. I bet you guys have realized that already but I thought I would point it out.

I think that is all I have for the week. I love you guys, have a great week!

Love,
Elder Schroeder

No comments:

Post a Comment